Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Adios Amigo: Vish Dhamija

It's not surprising that we start liking products, services and celebrities based on behaviours and likings of our peers, friends and colleagues – after all we spend considerable amount of time with them. What might stump you is that I picked up [sic] a liking for a particular celebrity [hereafter referred to as the celeb] only because one of my colleagues despised her.
It all started one day by two of us [another friend and me] – as we returned after a heated discussion on the celeb at lunch. We slyly planned that to have more loud discussions and interesting lunches [and also tease and annoy our friend] we should call me an ardent fan of the celeb –the rest is history. As new people joined the department, totally clueless of the little conspiracy, they were convinced that I was a die-hard fan and hence some of them actually brought me stickers and pictures of the celeb. Some of these are still pasted on the soft-board in my office.
Unfortunately, my celeb-hater friend is moving on [end of this month] and he will no longer be working with us in the same office. The left side of my brain tells me that I should pull down the pictures, as they carry no meaning after he's gone...there's no fun. Nostalgia might keep them there for a few days, but I guess it's time to move on.

Good luck RnB!

7 comments:

Rana said...

There is no smoke without fire here - I don't believe that you are such a good actor to "fake" such an obsession - there is definitely some truth there.

But I like the picture :)

Victoria said...

Love it

v!sh said...

Some secrets go to the grave with you...

Nidhi's travel's said...

Ask me.
1/ He doesn't like her one bit and
2/ He is a very good actor!!!

Anonymous said...

I always knew you preferred Paris Hilton anyway!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

She doesn't seem very keen to follow Rana upstairs. Rana may delude himself that he probably had the wrong jumper on, but we know she was thinking about what might have been with grandmaster Vish. Dave

Anonymous said...

I also prefer Rana to David B. for the posh,
Carlos (WoS)