Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Home Wifi Network


I am quite impressed with myself. Over the weekend I built a wifi network at home. How does it all work? (See attached picture)
– Cable it to your BT Broadband Modem
– Connect printer and/or hard drive to the Airport Extreme
– Change your Mac settings to connect (via wifi) to the Airport Extreme for broadband access rather than BT.
Now you can access broadband, the external hard drive and printer wirelessly all over your house.
In my case the 500GB hard drive contains all my music, data and pictures – thereby releasing space on my iBook…and I can access iTunes or iPhoto

3 comments:

BonVoyage said...

Cool.

I have been meaning to connect my printer wirelessly as well but haven't got around to it. Any suggestions (learnings) that will help?. I have an HP Printer and a Linksys wireless system.

Love your blog.

Partytrax said...

Great stuff Vish !

v!sh said...

For Printer, you need to only buy Airport Express:
http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/

But, I would suggest you buy yourself an Airport Express Extreme that can connect to anything through USB...specially a 500GB hard drive ;)