Thursday, May 15, 2008

Design with technology...

Honestly, I had not expected a design like this from LG - home cinema speakers in the shape of champagne flutes. They come in black piano finish and look absolutely gorgeous - if you have the space. [I was not much impressed with the subwoofer's looks, but that can always be tucked away out of sight]

This home cinema is full loaded - HD ready, 5.1 surround sound with 700W and a built in FM radio. What impresses me most is that the DVD player has a USB port - so if you have content on the computer, it can easily be watched on the telly through the DVD surround sound. Something I blogged about last year. Given that the capacity of the USB drives going up all the time, I am surprised why we don't have movie dispensers to pick up something after hours.

The specs are great and the reviews are excellent...all that in £499. If this was from B&O, it would most definitely set you back by a few grand.

1 comment:

Rana said...

As someone without significant auditory discernment, I can't comment on the speakers.

(actually I probably could tell, but I'd infinitely rather listen to my fave music randomly playing on a cheap MP3 player than Capital Radio played through the most expensive system in the world)

But I agree the future is Random Access systems with effective unlimited capacity, flash drives and hard disks, not CDs and DVDs and broadcast media.