Sunday, May 18, 2008

Jewellery, for your ears...

I have never been a fan of averages - which is a mistake most of the earphone manufacturers make; making earphones for average sized-ears.

Bang & Olufsen used a different approach - the result is A8 - one of the best earphones available in the market today. Each earphone in A8 has three moving parts to fit every ear perfectly - hence the sound is delivered directly into the ear canal. These are not advertised by B&O as noise cancelling, but they eliminate most of the unwanted ambient sound [as I write this listening to them, Nidhi is watching a movie on our surround sound and I cannot hear a thing]

The sound quality is brilliant and would satisfy even the discerning audiophile, I promise. The bass is better than any non-sealing earphone; so are the vocals. They give a whole new meaning to my iPod. I wonder what took me this long to discover them.

Coming to the beauty, I titled it accordingly. It is 'high-tech jewellery' as B&O calls it. And, at the the price they sell them, it sure is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vish - these are gorgeous. I want to see them on your ears on Friday.

- KofS

v!sh said...

Will be there o King!