Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Finally (still fingers crossed...)


I was a bit harsh on Allen Carr three months ago when I claimed that their therapy did not work. It certainly did - though it had a delayed reaction (on me). I did smoke for another day before I kicked the addiction in September.
It's been three months now and I have not smoked a single cigarette (or cigar or pipe or...). The fact that smoking has been totally banned in England in bars, pubs & restaurants helps.
On a recent trip to Morocco - I had everyone smoking around me in enclosed places (there is no smoking ban there), but I did not feel the need to light up at all.
I have succeeded, this time (I think). So for all those who really want to quit smoking, may I recommend the Allen Carr method. If it is not available in your country, please read the book. It helps.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Hey this is awesome.... congratulations.... felicitações.... Glückwünsche..... 祝贺 (everything has to have a little of chinese these days!! :-) )

BonVoyage said...

Congratulations! Best thing you can do.(GDS, are you listening)

There is a saying...once a smoker, always in denial- The urge never completely goes away and one is just one puff away from reverting back. Just a little advice from someone who smoked 40 cigarettes a day from age 15 until finally giving it up 8 years ago. (I used the patch)

Keep it up- though from what I hear, if you could resist the multi flavored Moroccan hookah, there isn't much in the way of temptation that can be more inviting as far as tobacco is concerned.

Now, I need advice on the alcohol...any recommendations?

Anonymous said...

Brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Allen Carr has a book for stopping alcohol use as well, though I haven't read it. Can't hurt, right?