Thursday, December 06, 2007

Does someone care what the consumer wants?


I own a Nokia N95 mobile phone, which is the the most technologically advanced phone I've ever had. It's a phone, a computer with wifi, a mp3 player, a 5mp camera with flash with a a memory card (available up to 8GB today).

As I mentioned in one of my blogs, I have a wifi network set up at home and I wanted my N95 to connect to the wifi network and access the hard drive (containing all my music files). But it would not access the external hard drive for some reason - either the two platforms are different or N95 does not behave like a host. Imagine if I could access my music library through my phone - my N95 would become a remote control for the whole music at home (see Picture)

May be I am imagining - but isn't it what every consumer would want?

1 comment:

Rana said...

Yes, you already have the best phone on the market (I agree) but in no way is that the best that the company could make.

It is like animal evolution, each product only needs to be a tiny bit better than the competition, it does not need to be ideal for the consumer.